Thursday, August 11, 2011

Balloons!

August 11, 2011

Balloons!

The birthday celebration continues.  Ben was asked to help a friend with some catering at the Louisiana Balloon Championship, which is held annually in Baton Rouge the first weekend in August, so I was really excited.  I love seeing the mass ascension and balloon glow and knew Graham would have a blast, especially with the fireworks.   Ben had to go early so Graham and I met him there.  It was a hot (no surprise there…) but pretty evening.  Graham and I walked out to see the balloons being blown up but only had a few minutes because a strong thunderstorm was approaching quickly!



Luckily I got a few photos!

The weather was horrible – torrential downpour, thunder and scary lightning – for about an hour.  Lightening even hit a tree next to the tent we were in!  Thank goodness it didn’t hit the gigantic metal poles holding the tent up!  We waited around after the rain stopped but the event officials eventually called off the evening.  Oh well, we’ll go again next year!


I absolutely love this picture of Ben and Graham!

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment