Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Celebrate!

August 09, 2011

Celebrate!

I am one lucky girl.  This I know.  I had the most wonderful birthday this year and I know you want to hear about it!  First, my boss let me know he’d need me in NOLA for the 3rd & 4th for a big presentation a couple weeks ahead of time.  Yeah!  This meant I got to plan a night in NOLA for Ben and me and we’d get to stay at the Windsor Court Hotel (at the state travel rate, of course…).  As the days before approached, our dinner for four – Ben, Mike (my boss), Cathleen (a coworker) and me – eventually turned into a party of ten!  I was given the task of selecting the restaurant, which proved to be quite difficult given all the choices in the great city of New Orleans!  After much thought and deliberation, I decided we’d go to a place that the majority of our group had not been to.  We went to The Pelican Club in the middle of the French Quarter.  It was outstanding.  Next time you are in NOLA, you need to try it!   Special thanks to Mike, Enlow, Bryant, GeGe, Bob, Cathleen, Mechelle and Ben for a great evening.  I was a bit bummed, though, that I didn’t get to see Nichole and Kevin…but there’s always next time!

My outfit for dinner was accented with my birthday present from Ben – a charm necklace from Piperfields!  Isn’t it so adorable?  Each charm is special to me in some way…I’ll blog about that another time!


And, someone at the Windsor Court must have known that it was my birthday because the hotel sent up an amazing cheese tray and bottle of wine for us!  

I told you I was a lucky girl!

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment